The addition of a handheld shower head to your tub will give you the option of taking a bath and washing your hair without dunking your head in hot soapy water. It’s better for your hair and doesn’t irritate your eyes to have the option of turning on a hand held shower and applying water directly.
The Country Bath collection from Rohl makes me weak in the knees, but beyond superficial beauty, a handheld shower also helps you save water. It rinses you faster and more efficiently. Change is always intimidating, but the end results will be worth it.
Now, how to switch out your old shower head with a handheld?
- Use a wrench to remove the nut fastening the current shower head.
- Place nut in a piece of cloth.
- Use three layers of Teflon tape in a clockwise motion to tape up threaded end of the shower arm.
- Screw in the shower faucet supply to the shower arm and seal it tight with the Teflon tape.
- Screw on the shower hose.
- Screw on shower head and fix it to the parking bracket. The hand held shower head needs something to rest on when it’s not in use, unless you like the look of it dangling out of the wall. Hey, when I was a student my shower was a dangling hand held shower head over a drain. It was fine, but not exactly visually appealing.
Buying everything in a kit ensures everything will work seamlessly, but to save money, you can buy an inexpensive kit from a local hardware store, and then replace the handheld head with something you really like.
Then you can have the beautiful modern Michael Berman shower head while spending less on the whole package. Be wary that many inexpensive kits might leak, which might make you want to stick with a reliable manufacturer to avoid wasting money.
There is also the three function max flow shower head.
The value flow head from Rohl has five spray patterns: rain, mist, massage, rain/massage, and mist/rain.
If you prefer ultra contemporary, California Faucets has a slender design.
The ribbed cobra design shower head is intricate and stunning.
For one of those gorgeous modern handheld showers from California Faucets you would need a more unconventional bracket.
The new shower head will make it easier to clean the shower when the time comes. No more copious angling and splashing to reach those patches of scrubbing bubbles. Water is exactly where you want it.